Friday, March 20, 2015

I'm All About That Blog, 'Bout That Blog, No Journal!


Why blog? The idea to start a blog came to me while relaxing in the bathtub after a long three days and nights with my brother at the hospital. You see........life has given me an over abundance in the blessing department. So many blessings that many friends have assured me that I have earned my spot in heaven. Some have told me that I need to write a book so that others can benefit from my experiences.

Over the past 58 years I have started that book too many times to mention. Those notes, paragraphs, phrases, poems and pages are assembled in an old blue canvas binder that I lovingly call "My Journal". Oh, there are a few real journal entries as well, mostly written during early trials of marriage, parenting and military life. Then of course there are carbon copies of a few letters that I managed to find time to write (by hand) and occasionally even mail to friends and loved ones. Let's not forget the "Graham Cracker Chronicles", a compilation of yearly holiday newsletters summarizing the year of each member of my family in a short paragraph.

I have never seemed to be able to find the time to journal.....so there is no way I could ever make a book happen. Not to mention, the fact that English was never my best subject. The book would also have to be in volumes more lengthy than the "Harry Potter" series and not nearly as interesting or exciting to it's readers.

Now that we live in this wonderful time of technology......why not blog?

My hope it to share life experiences that you will enjoy, that will make you think, make you laugh, and maybe even make you cry.

So let the blogs begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment